- This event has passed.
December 3, 2018 @ 9:00 am - December 4, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
This course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster. Improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster. The course includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts, highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes and technology) and addresses the organizational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture. The training reinforces learning through practical hands-on assignments.
You Will Learn How To:
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the benefits to the business and IT
- Explore principles and practices including CI, CD, testing, security and the Three Ways
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Optimize improved work flows, communication and feedback loops
- Identify automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Use real-world examples to understand ROI of DevOps initiative
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification