What is DevOps
DevOps is the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration integration and automation to improve the ﬂow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals, which delivers business value faster through software.The DevOps Institute (DOI) and PEOPLECERT are organizing emerging DevOps practices into relevant training and certiﬁcations to provide common knowledge, specialized skills and recognized qualiﬁcations, which will ensure high quality DevOps talent worldwide.
Who is DevOps for?
The DevOps training and certiﬁcation scheme is aimed at individuals and organizations seeking to understand and apply DevOps principles, practices and automation approaches.
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Electronic Badge will be provided by DevOps Institute