- This event has passed.
DevOps Foundation Training – Virtual Instructor Lead Version 3.0
October 19 @ 9:30 am - October 20 @ 5:30 pm
This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
Goals of this training
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration,
- Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Completion of an accredited coursePrerequisite
- Basic familiarity with IT and IT frameworks (Agile, Lean, ITSM) is recommended
- Soft Copy of DevOps Foundation Course Materials
- Interactive Exercises & Reference Card of DevOps
- Case Study for DevOps Implementation
- DevOps Metrics, Business Models and Useful Resources
- Number of questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam duration: 60 minutes (75 minutes if English is not a candidate’s native tongue)
- Paper based exam can be taken by end of 2nd day training
- Web based exam is taken at a date and time convenient to the learner
Agenda and Outline
This course can be taught in a physical, virtual classroom or blended (physical and virtual) learning environment. This course can be covered in two days (eight hours per day) or divided into logical increments such as four days (four hours per day).
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|Class and course Introductions||Morning Review|
|Module 1: Exploring DevOps
Module 2: Core DevOps Discipline
Module 3: Key DevOps Practices
Module 4: Business and Technology Frameworks
| Module 5: Culture, Behaviors and Operating Model
Module 6: Automation and Architecting DevOps Toolchain
Module 7: Measurement, Metrics and Reporting
Module 8: Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
|Exam Review Exam|
Examinations can be delivered in a classroom with an instructor as the invigilator. It can also be taken with an online proctor at a date and time convenient to the learner.
About the Trainer
Suresh GP, M-Tech is currently the Founder & Managing Director of TaUB Solutions. He has more than 18+ Years of IT experience and specialized in IT Service Management, IT Governance, Agile, DevOps and Business Relationship Management. Suresh as a Principal Consultant does Consulting, Training, Simulations and Implementation services for DevOps to Fortune 2000 organization.
He was also awarded top 25 thought leaders in service management for 2017 by HDI
Suresh is also the Regional Leader for Asia Pacific and Middle East at BRM Institute. To complement his extensive experience, he has earned wide range of certifications that include ITIL V3 Expert, ITIL 4, DevOps Leader, CGEIT, CBRM, CASM, PMP, ISO 20000 Practitioner and ISO/IEC 20000 & 27001 Lead Auditor. He is a regular blogger and speaker in National & International Forums like itSMF, DevOps Institute, PMI, ISACA. He was awarded itSMF Contributor Award by itSMF Singapore in 2013 and 4 BRM Excellence Awards at BRM Connect 2017.
Hari G is currently Chief Information Officer for TaUB Solutions. He has overall 17+ years of expertise in Product Development, user experience (UX/UI), Business Intelligence and Analytics, and building data-driven solutions using Agile methodologies and DevOps principles. He also has strong expertise in Business Development, Sales and Delivery with Clients across geographies and served in the US region for 7 years. In his previous experience as a Technical Account Manager and Solution Architect at D&B technologies and data services, he has created collaborative 9teams, in alliance with technology companies like Google and Microsoft, including UX designers, business, and data analyst. He has earned Advanced Financial Risk Management from IIM (B) and M.B.A from Anna University in Technology Management.