From Idea to Value Creation
Value Stream Mapping for DevOps℠
To better understand DevOps, you need to first understand Lean. Lean helps organizations manage and improve how we create and flow customer value with the least amount of effort.
“DevOps is the next step in creating flow across and beyond the IT value stream.”
- Mike Orzen, Author of Lean IT and creator of the VSM for DevOps Drilldown course
What is the value stream? All of the steps that are currently performed to deliver products and services to end-users and customers, whether they add value or not. Value stream mapping has been identified as a critical skill for organizations adopting a DevOps approach.
This sixteen (16) hour course provides a practical understanding and hands-on experience with Value Stream Mapping. It was built in partnership with Mike Orzen, a recognized and prominent Lean thought leader and author.
COURSE OBJECTIVESAttendees to Value Stream Mapping for DevOps will
- Learn about value stream mapping methods
- Understand how value stream mapping applies to DevOps
- Learn to value stream map by doing
- Be aware of common mistakes when using value stream mapping
- Be equipped with a tool they can apply now
COURSE / STUDENT MATERIALS
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in exercises designed to apply and practice value stream mapping
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional reference sources
NON-CERTIFICATION ADD-ONThis is a non-certification “Drilldown” workshop accredited by the DevOps Institute. Drilldown courses provide deeper knowledge about a specific practice within the DevOps spectrum. Drilldown courses are excellent add-ons to certification courses such as DevOps Foundation or any of the DevOps Practitioner series skill-based certifications.
There are no prerequisites to attending Value Stream Mapping for DevOps.
- Anyone involved in defining a DevOps strategy and program
- Developers and Operational staff
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Continuous Delivery Architects
- Security professionals
- Business stakeholders