DevOps Foundation® is a freestanding certification from DevOps Institute. The purpose of the certification and its associated course is to impart, test and validate knowledge of DevOps basic vocabulary, principles and practices. The vocabulary terms, concepts and practices are documented in the course learner materials. DevOps Foundation is intended to provide individuals with an understanding of basic DevOps concepts and how DevOps may be used to improve communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
Eligibility for Examination
Although there are no formal prerequisites for the exam, DevOps Institute highly recommends the following to prepare candidates for the exam leading to DevOps Foundation certification:
- It is recommended that candidates complete at least 16 contact hours (instruction and labs) as part of a formal, approved training course delivered by an accredited Education Partner of DevOps Institute
The DevOps Foundation examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict protocols and standards of DevOps Institute.
Level of Difficulty
The DevOps Foundation certification uses the Bloom Taxonomy of Educational Objectives in the construction of both the content and the examination.
- The DevOps Foundation exam contains Bloom 1 questions that test learners’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and vocabulary terms
- The exam also contains Bloom 2 questions that test learner’s comprehension of these concepts in context
Format of the Examination
Candidates must achieve a passing score to gain the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
- Exam Type
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 60 minutes
- It is recommended that candidates complete the DevOps Foundation course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner
- Open Book
- Passing Score
- Online or invigilated in person
- DevOps Foundation Certified