DevOps Leader (DOL)® is a freestanding, closed-book certification from DevOps Institute. The purpose of the certification and its associated course is to impart, test and validate knowledge of DevOps Leader, vocabulary, principles, practices and values. DevOps Leader is intended for anyone involved in cultural transformations and organizational change including IT team leaders, managers, directors and business stakeholders, practitioners and change agents, tool providers and systems integrators and DevOps consultants.
Eligibility for Examination
Although there are no formal prerequisites for the exam, DevOps Institute highly recommends the following to prepare candidates for the exam leading to DevOps Leader certification:
- It is recommended that candidates complete at least 16 contact hours (instruction and labs) as part of a formal, approved training course delivered by an accredited Education Partner of DevOps Institute
The DevOps Leader examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict protocols and standards of DevOps Institute.
Level of Difficulty
The DevOps Leader certification uses the Bloom Taxonomy of Educational Objectives in the construction of both the content and the examination.
- The DevOps Leader exam contains Bloom 1 questions that test learners’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and vocabulary terms (see list below)
- The exam also contains Bloom 2 questions that test learners’ comprehension of these concepts in context
- The exam also contains Bloom 3 questions that test learners’ ability to apply these concepts in practical situations
Format of the Examination
Candidates must achieve a passing score to gain the DevOps Leader® Certificate.
- Exam Type
- Multiple choice questions
- 90 minutes
- It is recommended that candidates complete the DevOps Leader course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner
- Open Book
- Passing Score
- Online or invigilated in person
- DevOps Leader Certified