DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF)℠ is a certification that is accredited by DevOps Institute. A DevSecOps engineer is an IT Security professional who is skilled at security as code with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service. A DevSecOps engineer uses data and security science as their primary means of protecting the organization and customer. The purpose of this certification and its associated course is to impart, test and validate knowledge of DevSecOps vocabulary, principles, practices, automation and value.
Eligibility for Examination
Although there are no formal prerequisites for the exam, DevOps Institute highly recommends the following to prepare candidates for the exam leading to the DevSecOps Foundation certification:
- It is recommended that candidates complete at least 16 contact hours (instruction and labs) as part of a formal, approved training course delivered by an accredited Education Partner of DevOps Institute
The DevSecOps Foundation examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict protocols and standards of DevOps Institute.
Level of Difficulty
The DevSecOps Foundation certification uses the Bloom Taxonomy of Educational Objectives in the construction of both the learning content and the examination.
- The DevSecOps Foundation exam contains Bloom 1 questions that test learners’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and vocabulary terms
- The exam also contains Bloom 2 questions that test learners’ comprehension of these concepts in context
Format of the Examination
Candidates must achieve a passing score to gain the DevSecOps Foundation Certification.
- Exam Type
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 60 minutes
- It is recommended that candidates complete the DevSecOps Foundation course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner
- Open Book
- Passing Score
- Web Based
- DevSecOps Foundation